4239 London Groveport Road
Grove City, OH 43123
Current RFP documents
Board of Trustee Meetings
The Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio
The Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) serves Franklin County and neighboring areas with solutions for solid waste.
To manage the District municipal solid waste stream to achieve environmentally responsible and cost-effective disposal, treat solid waste as a resource capable of yielding recovered materials and energy, reduce reliance on landfilling, and plan future disposal capacity for the District.
SWACO Guiding Principles:
- Focus on the use of technically viable and economically sound technologies.
- Utilize proven business principles in the management of District programs and projects.
- Promote public awareness and knowledge concerning effective and efficient management of the District municipal solid waste stream.
- Assure that all initiatives involving outside private or public sector partners identify and incorporate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Support waste reduction, recycling, and reuse programs and technologies that will be both environmentally and economically sustainable.