For local public event organizers
The EWR Grant Program seeks to assist local event organizers reduce event-generated waste and divert as much as possible from the landfill. In addition, these grants also assist event organizers -build the infrastructure needed to sustain these efforts and contribute to a safe and healthy community for all Franklin County residents for many years. To date, EWR grant funding has resulted in nearly 27 tons of event-generated waste being diverted away from the landfill.
2017 Grant Details and Eligibility
The 2017-2018 grant cycle is closed. The deadline to apply for an Event Waste Reduction (EWR) Grant was February 17, 2017 at 5:00pm.
• Competitive program that provides reimbursement funding only for activities that increase reuse, recycling and composting, as well as diversion-related outreach and education activities at public events.
• Applications are being accepted between December 15, 2016 and February 17, 2017 at 5pm.
• Grants will range from $2,000 to $6,000, depending on the size of the event.
• Grants will be awarded in March 2017.
• The event must be within SWACO’s jurisdiction of Franklin County.
• Event must be open to the public with a projected attendance of 2,000 people or more.
• Funding will be evaluated based on an events proposed establishment or promotion of new waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting programs, and/or the significant expansion or improvement of existing diversion and outreach activities.
Please check back in January 2018 to learn more about the 2018 grant cycle.