SWACO offers a number of environmental education programs and resources to Franklin County teachers, students and residents.
Tour the Landfill:
Are you looking for a different type of field trip that students are sure to remember and learn valuable environmental and ecological lessons from? Come and tour the landfill. Learn more here
Download Classroom Resources:
Activities, lessons, and fact sheets focus on solid waste reduction and resource conservation. Learn more here.
Teacher Workshops and Resources:
Each year SWACO partners with Central Ohio organizations in providing teacher workshops. There is also a wide array of environmental resources available at the Grange Insurance Audubon Center. Learn more here.
to play games and download a cartoon.
SWACO Grants Program:
For more information on how to apply for a SWACO Grant click here
Manage the District municipal solid waste stream to achieve environmentally responsible and cost-effective disposal, treat solid waste as a resource capable of yielding recovered materials and energy, reduce reliance on landfilling, and plan future disposal capacity for the District.
SWACO Guiding Principles:
- Support waste reduction, recycling, and reuse programs and technologies that will be both environmentally and economically sustainable.
- Promote public awareness and knowledge concerning effective and efficient management of the District municipal solid waste stream.
- Focus on the use of technically viable and economically sound technologies.
- Utilize proven business principles in the management of District programs and projects.
- Assure that all initiatives involving outside private or public sector partners identify and incorporate mutually beneficial outcomes.