Items that can be crushed or flattened save space on your container and in the recycling drop-off bins. Please flatten your boxes and place all your recycled materials inside the drop-off bin. Items left beside a recycling bin can easily become litter and is considered illegal dumping. The items listed below are currently accepted through this recycling program:
- Plastic: All Plastic Bottles #1-7 Accepted. Labels and caps do not need to be removed.
- Glass: Clear, Brown, Green and Blue Glass Bottles and Jars in which food products are packaged. Labels do not need to be removed. Please rinse all containers.
- Paper: Newspaper with Ad Slicks, Magazines, Phone Books, Brown Grocery Bags, Frozen Food Boxes, "Junk" Mail, Chip Board, Corrugated Cardboard, Office Paper.
- Carton Containers: Gable-Top Containers and/or Paperboard Containers containing items such as Milk, Juice, Fabric Softner, Egg Substitute Containers, Soups, Stocks and Broths. Please rinse all containers.
- Metals: Aluminum and Bi-Metal Beverage Cans, Steel Food/Tin Cans, Aluminum Foil, Empty Aerosol Cans. Labels do not need to be removed. Please rinse all containers.
Listed below are items not currently accepted through this recycling program.
- Plastic Containers that DO NOT have a Bottle Neck: Yogurt cups and other cups/containers that DO NOT have a neck. Plastic toys, any type of plastic bag, plastic films and bubble wrap ARE NOT accepted for recycling.
- Glass: Ceramics, Window or Drinking Glass, Light Bulbs and/or any other glass not in the shape of a container.
- Egg Cartons: Polystyrene foam (styrofoam) and paper egg cartons ARE NOT accepted for recycling.
- Drink Pouches: Drink Pouches typically made of or lined with foil and plastic ARE NOT accepted for recycling.
- Metals: Paint Cans, Coat Hangers, Steel Scraps and/or any other metal not in the shape of a container IS NOT accepted for recycling.