Welcome to SWACO
Working together with SWACO, waste haulers are part of a sound waste management program for Franklin County. At SWACO, we strive to divert recyclable materials from the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill and to keep the roadways safe and litter free!
*All customers must have a tarp on their loads when they enter the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill.
*All customers must wear a vest on the landfill if they exit their vehicle.
For your convenience, tarps and vests may be purchased at the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill scale house. Please see below pricing:
Large tarp (10'x18') - $15.00
Small tarp (8' x 16') - $10.00
Vest - $5.00
Manage the District municipal solid waste stream to achieve environmentally responsible and cost-effective disposal, treat solid waste as a resource capable of yielding recovered materials and energy, reduce reliance on landfilling, and plan future disposal capacity for the District.
SWACO Guiding Principles:
- Focus on the use of technically viable and economically sound technologies.
- Utilize proven business principles in the management of District programs and projects.
- Promote public awareness and knowledge concerning effective and efficient management of the District municipal solid waste stream.
- Assure that all initiatives involving outside private or public sector partners identify and incorporate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Support waste reduction, recycling, and reuse programs and technologies that will be both environmentally and economically sustainable.