Welcome to SWACO Waste Haulers
Working together with SWACO, Smart Haulers are part of a sound waste management program for Franklin County. Smart Haulers understand the importance of recycling and see to it that residential and business recyclables are processed for their next life as new products.
*All customers MUST HAVE A TARP on their loads when they enter the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill.
*All customers MUST WEAR A VEST on the landfill if they exit their vehicle.
(*FYI: for your convenience SWACO sells tarps and vests. Please check at scalehouse for more information)
Manage the District municipal solid waste stream to achieve environmentally responsible and cost-effective disposal, treat solid waste as a resource capable of yielding recovered materials and energy, reduce reliance on landfilling, and plan future disposal capacity for the District.
SWACO Guiding Principles:
- Focus on the use of technically viable and economically sound technologies.
- Utilize proven business principles in the management of District programs and projects.
- Promote public awareness and knowledge concerning effective and efficient management of the District municipal solid waste stream.
- Assure that all initiatives involving outside private or public sector partners identify and incorporate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Support waste reduction, recycling, and reuse programs and technologies that will be both environmentally and economically sustainable.