The SWACO Franklin County Sanitary Landfill (FCSL) is located south of downtown Columbus at Exit 97 off interstate 71 in Jackson Township, Ohio. The Landfill is a Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill and accepts most household and commercial wastes. The Landfill is owned and operated by the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) and serves the residents and businesses of SWACO's Solid Waste District. The SWACO district consists of all of Franklin County and portions of surrounding counties to the extent those municipalities extend into adjacent counties.
General Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday - 6:00am - 12:00pm
In observance of the Christmas holiday, Monday, December 26, 2016, the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill will be open regular hours. The Morse Road Transfer Station will be open from 5 am until 1 pm. The Jackson Pike Transfer Station will be closed.
On New Years Day, Monday, January 2nd, 2017, the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill will be open regular hours. The Morse Road Transfer Station will be open from 5 am to 1 pm.
*All customers must have a tarp on their loads when they enter the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill.
*All customers must wear a vest on the landfill if they exit their vehicle.
For your convenience, tarps and vests may be purchased at the Franklin County Sanitary Landfill scale house. Please see below pricing:
Large tarp (10'x18') - $15.00
Small tarp (8' x 16') - $10.00
Vest - $5.00
These types of solid waste are NOT ACCEPTED at the Sanitary Landfill:
- Infectious/pathological or biological waste. For more information regarding the Authority's "Medical Waste Disposal Policy" call 614-871-5100.
- Chemotherapeutic waste
- Radioactive materials
- Hazardous waste
- Explosive and ordnance materials
- We will not accept appliances with Freon
- Drums, barrels, buckets and other containers unless lids have been removed and interiors are cleaned and free of residue in accordance with The Authority's "Empty Container Policy"
- Liquid waste, including motor oil and water-based paint *
- Yard waste (leaves, grass, shrubs, trees)
- Whole or shredded tires
- Lead acid batteries
- Motor vehicles and major motor vehicle parts such as transmissions, rear ends, frames, springs and fenders, agricultural and farm machinery and equipment, marine vessels and major parts thereof, and any other types of large equipment or machinery
- Gas cylinders, unless empty and delivered separate from other solid waste
- Petroleum contaminated soils, (May be accepted with approval of Executive Director)
- TVs, Computers and Other Electronic Waste - For more information where you can take these items - click here
* Water-based paints must be dried out before being disposed of in the landfill.