Routinely, SWACO offers free educational webinars on best practices for reducing waste, reuse, recycling, composting and safely disposing of unwanted materials.
From Waste to Resources Webinars
When we reduce and divert waste, we can make a difference for our environment and community.
2021 UPCOMING WEBINARS
- Plastic Free EcoChallenge and Other Zero Waste Actions, July 21 at 7 pm: Committing to a few actions such as reducing single-use plastics, reusing, and recycling right have significant local and global benefits. Together, we can make a difference when we help to reduce pollution, keep our rivers, streams, and oceans clean and protect other wildlife habitats near and far. Join the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium to explore new ways to take care of wildlife and the world that we all share by joining the Plastic Free EcoChallenge. We invite you to take action and create sustainable habits that will last a lifetime. REGISTER HERE FOR 7 PM.
- Recycle Right - Wednesday, August 18 at 12 pm: While it’s important for you to recycle, it’s also important to Recycle Right. By taking just a few minutes to recycle the right way, you help reduce pollution, contribute to cleaner water, conserve limited natural resources, support our economy and reduce central Ohio’s reliance on landfills.SWACO is here to help you recycle right, answer common recycling questions, and provide the necessary tools and resources you need to make recycling right convenient for your household. REGISTER HERE FOR 12 PM
Save More Than Food
Organics Diversion & Composting
Event Waste Reduction Grant Webinars
The seeks to assist local event organizers with reducing event-generated waste and diverting as much as possible from the landfill. In addition, these grants also assist event organizers in building the infrastructure needed to sustain these diversion efforts in order to continue to contribute to a safe and healthy community for all Franklin County residents.
- WEBINAR (February 5, 2020) Focuses on waste reduction, material diversion, and implementing best practices for sustainability at events. A review of past award recipients is also provided. Watch the Webinar.
- WEBINAR (February 8, 2019) Focuses on the application process and eligibility. Watch the Webinar.
SWACO also created other short webinars focused on providing event organizers in Franklin County with the tools and knowledge required to reduce, reuse, and recycle at their events for greater cost savings and responsible resource use. These webinars include valuable content for organizers of a wide range of events including private/ public events of all sizes and types in Franklin County. Click the links below to register!
- WEBINAR: (June 15, 2017) The 'what, how, and why of recycling' in Franklin County while answering your questions about bio-plastics and more. This content will help organizers understand how to properly sort materials before educating their attendees and vendors about sorting for maximum recycling and recovery rates. Watch the Webinar.
- WEBINAR: (June 22, 2017) Dives into specific strategies for waste reduction at events including vendor contract language and planning techniques. The first webinar is intended to provide the foundation for these strategies. Watch the Webinar.
- WEBINAR: (November 16, 2017) Best Practices for Event Waste Reduction. Watch the Webinar.
Community Waste Reduction Grant Webinars
The Community Waste Reduction (CWR) Grant (PDF) is available to support the waste reduction and materials diversion efforts of local government entities, including but not limited to schools, universities and parks, and non-profit organizations located in Franklin County by providing financial support to help offset the costs of these efforts. In return, SWACO requires grantees to document and measure the projects impacts, report results to enhance waste reduction and recycling opportunities in central Ohio and contribute to SWACO's data collection.
- WEBINAR: (June 16, 2021) 2022 Community Waste Reduction Grant (CWRG) Pre-Application webinar provides clarity on our 2022 CWRG process including the application package and required supporting documentation, timeline, and information on past recipients and projects. Watch the Webinar.
Don't see what you're looking for? Let us know [email protected].