Check out these webinars.
Event Waste Reduction Grant WebinarsThe Event Waste Reduction (EWR) Grant (PDF) seeks to assist local event organizers with reducing event-generated waste and diverting as much as possible from the landfill. In addition, these grants also assist event organizers in building the infrastructure needed to sustain these diversion efforts in order to continue to contribute to a safe and healthy community for all Franklin County residents.
- WEBINAR: (February 8, 2019) 2019 EWR Pre-Application Webinar was held to help events which were considering submitting an application for funding understand the ins and outs of SWACO grant funding. Watch the Webinar.
SWACO also created other short webinars focused on providing event organizers in Franklin County with the tools and knowledge required to reduce, reuse, and recycle at their events for greater cost savings and responsible resource use. These webinars include valuable content for organizers of a wide range of events including private/ public events of all sizes and types in Franklin County. Click the links below to register!
- WEBINAR: (June 15, 2017) the 'what, how, and why of recycling' in Franklin County while answering your questions about bio-plastics and more. This content will help organizers understand how to properly sort materials before educating their attendees and vendors about sorting for maximum recycling and recovery rates. Watch the Webinar.
- WEBINAR: (June 22, 2017) dives into specific strategies for waste reduction at events including vendor contract language and planning techniques. The first webinar is intended to provide the foundation for these strategies. Watch the Webinar.
- WEBINAR: (November 16, 2017) Best Practices for Event Waste Reduction. Watch the Webinar.
Community Waste Reduction Grant Webinars
The Community Waste Reduction (CWR) Grant (PDF) is available to support the waste reduction and materials diversion efforts of local government entities, including but not limited to schools, universities and parks, and non-profit organizations located in Franklin County by providing financial support to help offset the costs of these efforts. In return, SWACO requires grantees to document and measure the projects impacts, report results to enhance waste reduction and recycling opportunities in central Ohio and contribute to SWACO's data collection.
- WEBINAR: (July 2019) 2020 CWR Grant Pre-Application Webinar provided clarity on the community waste reduction grant process including application and award timelines and information required in order to successfully apply for this competitive grant. Watch the Webinar.
Don't see what you're looking for? Let us know email@example.com.